Friday, January 13, 2012

Shifting-Review

Shifting


Maggie is different, and she has struggled with it all her life. A counselor takes a chance on her by sending her to live with a strong willed old lady he knows in New Mexico. Maggie's life will forever be changed, when she meets this lady, starts a life in this town, and falls for a boy named Bridger. Her mysterious gift will be brought to light, and maybe life will be worth living for her. Shifting was the first book I read this year. Bridger and Maggie were two very complex moving characters. I instantly fell in love with them, and their story. I also loved the New Mexican town Bethany used as the setting, it was described perfectly, and it made want to visit there someday. Shifting had amazing prose, and a flow that made me comfortable. The characters were realistic & passionate, and I loved the conclusion, it was fast paced & fulfilling. Bethany is incredibly talented, and I look forward to reading more by her in the future.

No comments: