Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Secrete Circle Series-Review

The Captive, Part II and The Power (The Secret Circle, #2-3)


I kept telling myself I would not read these books, but I did. I wanted to just enjoy the show, but I am way too impatient for that. The Secrete Circle series is now one of my all time favorites. The writing is ordinary nothing stellar, just good entertainment, but nothing is wrong with that. I just really love LJ Smith's ability to do a love triangle,  she does it  so there are no painful hurt feelings, and I usually always feel really good for the boy/girl who is left out in the cold. If you like the show I strongly suggest you pick up the first book its really great, but the second one is even better. I wanted nothing but happiness for Cassie and Adam, but felt like it was impossible, then I wanted Nick and Diana to be happy, but again impossible.. Then LJ works it out, and your left feeling content. We find ourselves wondering what will occur between Adam and Cassie, its all really entertaining, also Nick creeps into the mix, which will stun anyone watching the show. The characters are a little different, but the essence is still present, unless your Deb and I'm pretty sure you are not even in the show, or the poor twins. The third book was my favorite, and it really cleared everything up, I just really loved it. I can not tell you its because I was moved or left aching for more, its just because I had fun. I really love LJ for that, and if you are wanting to be moved by her may I suggest The Secret Vampire (Night World 1) it will move you, if you like her, but want more depth. She in my opinion in The Secret Circle Series, made you examine right and wrong, and think of power in a new light, sometimes it can be too much, and also sometimes we can never escape the crimes of our parents.


Library Binding390 pages
Published April 9th 2009 (first published January 1st 2009)

No comments: