Monday, September 26, 2011

The Demon King-Review

The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)




I really do not read as much as I would like, so when I do its kind of a big deal. I started reading The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima, because its really my cup of tea. I love fantasy its my genre. I am really particular about it too. I could not put this down for anything, I was totally immersed in the Seven Realms. Seven has to be a special number because its often the total number of Kingdoms and Realms, anyway. I just really fell in love with this story, the characters, and the world. I loved Rasia she was beautiful, and so brilliant. Just what I crave in a heroine, and I found myself becoming fond of everyone in one way or another. I was invested in everything that these kids were. I had to keep reading, I had to know it was vital.  I was an Amon girl even though from previous readings I do love me a Queen's Thief, Hans was great, I was just rooting for Amon it was way more forbidden, and also from previous readings *ahem* one Maria V Snyder and Kristen Cashore, I love me an honorable soldier/spy/bad-ass.  Also the wizardry was there, but it wasn't chalked full of spell castings, and battle stances. The characters seemed way  more important, they were very layered people. I immediately read The Exiled Queen, and stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, but it was so worth it.


Hardcover506 pages
Published November 19th 2009 by HYPERION (first published September 6th 2009)-Goodreads

No comments: