Thursday, March 3, 2011

Waiting For You-Review

Waiting For You

★★★


This book was a really fast read for me, I tried to read a Susane Colasanti book once before and ended up not finishing it, but I've decided I will probably go back and read it. I really liked her writing style, it just took me awhile to get it. Her writing is really simple, but profound. She writes in the way a teenage girl would speak, you have to put yourself in that frame of mind, meaning you are no longer an observer, your totally emotionally involved.
I liked Marisa well enough, she suffered from anxiety, I can relate to that, I think we all can on some level. Her parents were separating, and she was trying to figure out her place in the world. She was confused, she didn't really know what she wanted. She pushed a good thing away, and you sort of wanted to kick her for it, but looking at it from her perspective mostly everyone would have done the same thing. Now that brings us to Nash, I don't know about him really, but he grew on me, but at times I felt he was sort of stalkerish. He recalled things Marisa had said in the 7th and 8th grade, years ago, he saved something he STOLE from her binder back in middle-school. He knew an awful lot about her, granted he was her neighbor, but still it all seemed slightly creepy, but obviously harmless. I mean the book was great, the writing was on point, I really enjoyed it.  Just saying Nash could be viewed as a creeper, but he wasn't he was a sweet shy boy he just came off that way, it all worked out in the end. I enjoyed the time spent in Marisa's world, I will  keep reading Colasanti books for the time being.

1 comment:

Diana said...

i wont lie, i haven't heard much about this book, but your review sort of peaked an interest... I like me some books that feel REAL. I might be adding this to my ever growing TBR pile :) thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Diana