This is an original feature at The Broke and The Bookish, click the link to learn more.. This week the topic is "Top Ten Most Inspirational Characters" My list will talk about the character, but not too much, I will try not to spoil any plots that severely. I also tried to pick current characters, not the classic ones, my list would be WAY too long, but just FYI Ponyboy FTW!
- 10. Parker Fadley from Cracked Up To Be the novel by Courtney Summers, Parker really spoke to me as an MC, she was raw and real, Courtney has a gift when it comes to doing that with a character. When Parker's dog died, a dog she didn't even want, and claimed to not even care about, she just lost it, and you knew that she was someone you could relate to, even if she scared you.
9.Bianca Piper from The Duff by Kody Keplinger, this book is genius I swear, I could not put it down. Bianca is the Duff, we all feel like the Duff The Designated Ugly Fat Friend, we all want to drown ourselves in something to escape the pain of our real lives, Bianca is just one of us, one of the Duff's.
- 8.Valek from The Poison Study series, he is just so freaking boss, and brave, and just everything I wish I was, even though he is a dude. He had the ability to see such raw potential in Yelena, and man is that boy loyal.
7. Prim from The Hunger Games series, I know what about Katniss, yes she is amazing, but what about Prim she is the unsung hero, she would have participated in the Hunger Games like a champ I know it, and she is the most supportive good natured person, I've ever read about. Some might say she is selfish, but she isn't. She didn't ask Katniss to step up and sacrifice herself, imagine how strong she had to be to live with the fact her sister might die because of her.
- 6.Isobel in Nevermore, I know not exactly an American Classic, but what a great book people. I'm a sucker for the preppy girls who turn out to be incredibly brave, maybe its my Buffy love shining through. Isobel fooled me, and she turned out to be a great person, when she stepped up after Varen was bullied in the ice cream shop, she'd won me over forever. Plus she survived the ending of Nevermore, I didn't even have a clue what was going on, but she handled it well.
5.Kitty Norville again with the helpless blonde girl turned action hero, I guess its my thing.. She starts out clinging to her alpha for everything, slowly she morphs into a strong independent wolf. When she is her wolf I'd watch out, when she is Kitty she will bite your head off with her sarcastic charm..
- 4. Merit from The Chicagoland Vampire series, I'm not exactly picking obvious choices or intellectual ones, but its my list! Merit is freaking fierce, she did not want to be a vampire, but she has a sword, and is totally bad, in a good way, every time she fights Ethan it gives me chills. Plus she stands up for herself, and that is an admiral quality.
3. Fire from the Kristen Cashore book Fire, she rides off into a battlefield, is that not inspirational, I'd say so, she also has a slew of abilities that make her X-Men scary. I would love to be Fire, and snagging Brigan, that makes her even more cool.
- 2.Nick Ryves from The Demon's Lexicon books, he is the strongest thing I know, eh what the heck he's the strongest person I know. I've never read about someone trying so hard to be good, and to do the right thing, to be everything for someone else. Its just magical I swear, he moves you, I know that sounds corny, and oh so lame, but hey its true.
1.Meg from Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols, that woman can write a book, and make me toss it across the room in rage, but that means I'm way too invested for me to be sane in the first place. Its worth it. Meg made me feel so many emotions, and the book isn't even that long. When you are done with the book, you know Meg you could totally pick her out of police line up, and you might actually have too. The way she interacted with John was so powerful, and flat out real. The way she blossomed into the Meg you love by the end of the book, simply inspirational.