Monday, January 24, 2011

13 To Life-Review

13 to Life (13 to Life, #1)
★★★-  Hoping the second one will be better, but still this was decent.

I was really shocked by this book, at first I thought it was just going to be another werewolf tale, but its not. I hadn't ever seriously read a YA that had to do with the mafia. That entire plot was surprising. Also that Pietr was Russian, I LOVE Russians (Dimitri, Alexander Ovechkin, Evengi Malkin...so on). The plot was sort of blah, for a while. I was really annoyed that Jessie chose to be friends with the chick who killed her mom, thats like torture. However, Jessie is funny, and Pietr seemed sweet, but he was slightly drab at times, for a Russian, but then he would be all serious, and moody to even it all out, it was better. I wanted more wolf action too, but it is just the first in the series. I still liked the chemistry between Jessie and Pietr, but I feel like the second book will be more fulfilling, this one was more about setting up the story. Jessie for the most part is likable, and Pietr's entire family is interesting. I would like to find out more about Pietr's family, his sister seems so mysterious. I'm definitely going to pick up the second book, the ending left you wanting more.

No comments: