Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Top Ten Books I Wish I'd Read As A Child


This is a feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, this time its the "Top Ten Books I Wish I'd Read As A Child"...I loved this one it was so much fun, a few of mine are pretty hefty but I consider 12 still childlike...

10. The Voyage of The Dawn Treader- I love this book now, its  my favorite Narnia book, but I didn't read it until I was in my late teens.

  • 9. Alice in Wonderland-I'm in love with everything Alice in Wonderland its so beautiful, and I love every adaptation, I even think The Iron Fey series is sort of like it, maybe why I love its so
8.Robin McKinley's version of Beauty and The Beast, Beauty, this is my all time favorite Disney movie, I also still haven't read Robin McKinley's version, but I wish I'd done it then too.
  • 7.The Lemony Snicket books I love the movies, and the books, so I wish I'd read it forever ago, but alas I did not. :(
6.Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman it would have made childhood so much better, I was such a weird little kid..
  • 5. Harold and The Purple Crayon, I am in love with this book now, I would have loved it then too.
4. Fancy Nancy, have you read this? If not do it, now!
  • 3.Madeline, so beautiful the books, the movies, the show..I love it all, now that I'm 21??
2.Goodnight Moon, its the best children's book I've ever read, period.
  • 1.Sector 7, the pictures are what drew me in, being taken away by the clouds is just AWESOME

4 comments:

Elise said...

Yes on Lemony Snicket! Love him now, but would have adored him as a kid. Have you read "The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming?"

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

The Narnia series is one in general I wish I would have been aware of as a kid, they would have been great books to grow up with.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I didn't read The Chronicles of Narnia until college, but that was the right time for me. I don't regret having read them so "late" at all! =)

It is beyond cool to see Neverwhere on your list, by the way. ;-)

brandileigh2003 said...

Good Night Moon is a great choice- one of my daughter's favorites. Narnia is too!
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog