Sunday, December 19, 2010

Paranormalcy-Review

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)


★★★ 1/2
Paranormalcy was honestly so fun, I enjoyed every minute of it. I really loved the writing style, and Evie. She came alive for me, and I'm sure it comes as no shock that I pictured Candace Accolla (Caroline Forbes of The Vampire Diaries). The way she felt, it just fit. Evie is vibrant, alive. bubbly, sweet, blond, and fierce,  perfect. Lend oh boy, he was so different, but I liked him. This entire book was extremely fresh, and fun. Evie is sort of like a secret agent, she bags and tags the supernatural. She is bad ass, but still down to earth, and such a teenager. She watches a show called Easton Heights, and she seems so normal, like you'd expect. Then she can be deep, and naive all at the same time. Lend is wise beyond his years, and weird. He can shift into anyone, but Evie can see him for who he is always, with her special talent. I really liked their conversations and chemistry. I was really happy that they did not have to be lab partners like I've come to see in YA paranormal, refreshing. Sometimes its good, but I was just happy to have a change. The writing was upbeat, and yes juvenile but I like that, and Evie was a teenager not some urban fantasy heroine. I thought it was appropriate, I really liked this one, the ending was a little funky, but all in all worth my time.

No comments: