Thursday, December 16, 2010

Anna and The French Kiss-Review

Anna and the French Kiss


★★★★★

What can I say? This book is truly, flawless. My best friend and I both read it in about one day, the writing it just blew us both away, incredible. It feels like Anna and Etienne were real, I know people say that all the time, but it actually felt painful when the book was over, like I lost a friend. Stephanie's writing is witty, and realistic, and just everything you look for when you pick up a book. She managed to totally captivate me, without any supernatural elements at all. Her use of the triangle, or at at times more than a love triangle, it was brilliant. Usually authors can get caught up in it, but not her. I left Anna and The French Kiss feeling heart-stick, like I was leaving a place I'd grown to love. Anna is just such a unique MC, I'm not exactly sure how to describe her, she is just Anna. I believe you just have to get to know her for yourself. This is a story about love, loss, and finding out that home isn't always a place. I just can't push this one on you enough, I really wish you'd pick this one up, and at least give it at try. I haven't found one bad review, not one. I'm sure they are out there, but not anywhere I can see.  Etienne is just "IT" he is absolutely everything you hope for in a boy, but he isn't perfect, but you understand his reasoning every time. My heart broke for him several times, and I felt like the sorrow he felt, I felt it too, weird. The side characters were just as entertaining, they were witty, and helpful, and everything a side-character should be. My friend and I both found one thing we didn't like, when we read the book we both pictured Etienne as tall, not a short boy, just a thing, but you can't help your height.  Just a great love story, that is so much more that that, and Paris, I want to go there now more than ever. Just read it, seriously. Bravo Stephanie Perkins, you are truly a magnificent writer.

1 comment:

Savannah said...

I have heard so much about this book! Loved your review and I can't wait to read this myself :)