These ladies are my inspirations when it comes to being a heroine, getting the job done, and sometimes looking fierce. My personal opinion when it comes to being a girl in beast mode, and just doing you, and saving the world.
10. Mercedes Thompson (The Mercedes Thompson Series: Patricia Briggs)- Why?- Mercedes is fierce beyond words, quirky, and good natured. She has a heart of gold, and takes in anyone needing a helping hand. She is street smart, unique, and still rocks a look all her own. You can't help but fall in love with the coyote.
9. Chuck (Pushing Daisies)- Why? Charlotte Charles or "Chuck" is sweet as pie for a dead girl. She is witty, and a devoted loving gal with a very keen fashion sense. She always looks beautiful surrounded by dead bodies. She also implemented the clause for Ned, Emerson and herself to ask the corpses about their last wishes before the fateful minute is up, and Ned has to send them back to the great beyond. She got a second lease on life, and you adore her vivid attitude. She is a total go getter, and can always produce a good one liner. Maybe you don't consider her the heroine but the love interest, in my mind she is just as important as Ned, but to each her own.
8. Fire (Fire: Kristen Cashore)- Why? Fire is unstoppable, and strong willed. She is musically gifted, and beautiful beyond comprehension, but for me personally you can sense an undercurrent of insecurity. She is comforting, and self sacrificing, and the most dedicated friend you'll meet. She can also make a tough decision when the situation calls for it, she is logical and deadly. She sneaks into your heart during her epic journey, and you root for her unashamed.
7. Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica)-Why? She suffered so much, and demanded respect. Her character evolved and grew throughout the series, and she was sometimes ready to die for her shipmates at first because she did not value her life, but by the end it was because she valued all of life.
6. Kate Daniels (The Kate Daniels Series-Illona Andrews)-Why? She carries a sword, shouldn't that be enough? She puts Curran in his place, and she kicks total booty at all times. She runs in head first to every danger, and gives every thing in her life her all.
5. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter Series) Why? She is brilliant, caring, emotional, and real. She is the loyalist of friends, and down for the big adventures. She is an epic spell caster, and can also punch you in the face. She sets a stellar example for young girls everywhere.
4. Temperance Brennan (Bones)-Why? She is a a total genius, completely dedicated to her work, and still finds time to write books. She is clueless and charming, and a lovely lady. She wears the funkiest cutest jewelry, and can totally kick your ass intellectually and physically. She helps the world everyday, she finds answers to questions hundreds of years old, and also solves scary murders, all while remaining totally logical.
3. Veronica Mars (Veronica Mars) Why?-She is a Private Eye, and in high school, and has the best hair ever. She is hilarious, brave, bold, brilliant, always in beast mode. She is golden and helpful, and sometimes selfish, and usually guarded. She will melt the coldest heart, she solves crimes and cracks jokes, and she loves her Dad, its all super cute, but fierce.
2.Buffy Ann Summers (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)-Why? Oh well, so many reasons she is "The Chosen One". She has died more than anyone out there. She sacrificed herself to save her sister, she is a snappy dresser, and she is a fantastic conversationalist. She is warm and fuzzy, but powerful and great. She is just the slayer.
1. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games Trilogy)-Why? Um, why ask that question why?, um because no where out there will you find a better heroine. She is "The Girl On Fire" she is the epitome of fierce, and she has the most gorgeous costumes. She over analyzes, she dominates, and she carries the world on her shoulders. She is the definition of self sacrifice. She sometimes makes the wrong choice, but she is human. She supports her loved ones, and she is just a total beast of a warrior. Even if she was in a cliche love triangle, all the best heroines are