Sunday, August 1, 2010

Some Girls Bite

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)

Some Girls Bite tells the story of Merit a take charge smart girl. She is attacked on campus and rescued by a very powerful vamp. He saves her life, but its still annoying to be plagued with vampire-ness. Not to mention someone is killing off young girls blaming it on the Vampire Houses. So what is a girl to do?


I really loved this book, the characters were colorful and funny. Merit was enjoyable, and Mallory her best friend was spunky and fun. Ethan Sullivan the uber powerful master of Cadagon house, Merit's vamp house, was great. He was described perfectly he jumped right off the page for me. I felt like he was a real posh snooty political dork. Then he had this powerful edge as well..perfect. The mystery story was interesting as well,trying to figure out who actually was committing the murders had me scratching my head. The romantic parts of this story were good, Mallory's romance started quick satisfying you in that department, but Merits relationships develop slow leaving you wanting more. Merit's character does a lot of growing, and I liked that you see her transform page by page, you do with Mallory as well. I liked watching the plot blossom and Merit and Mallory along with it. I'm already reading the second book Friday Night Bites, so that should tell you something.


Buy Some Girls Bite
Visit Chloe Neill

1 comment:

Blueicegal ♥ said...

Ive had my eye on this book for quite a while, definitely need to get around to it, thanks for the review! :)