Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Interview- Emma Michaels Author of The Thirteenth Chime




The Thirteenth Chime is an upcoming book by one Emma Michaels she is fabulous, and was kind enough to let me interview her. Also if you purchase a copy of Emma's book, which you should, you can e-mail her the receipt and she will send you free swag. For more information on Emma Michaels you can visit her SITE

Interview with Emma Michaels


Do you have any writing rituals or habits?
A) Yes, I make it a point of writing every day at the same time. To me, writing is a lot like exercising - to truly get anywhere, you have to work hard, smart and every day, but above all, you have to love it and have fun while doing it! After all, what is the point of doing something if you don't love what you do and have others love it in return?

Does The Thirteenth Chime have a play-list, or music you listened to while writing?

A) I listen to a lot of music from many different genres and even parts of the world. To be honest I haven't made a play-list yet but I should! I do normally listen to music when I need to get myself more emotional to write specific scenes. I find that it helps me a lot.


What inspired The Thirteenth Chime?
A) If there was a singular moment that inspired me the most to write "The Thirteenth Chime", it was during a storm several years ago where we had lost the power. We were at a neighbor's house and sharing a few candles. At that moment, just as lightning flashed outside the window, the huge grandfather clock in the house began to chime. I remember feeling the desire to reach out for someone as it made me jump, the sound of the chimes echoing through the large house as if coming from the heart of a dark cave. It was that moment, the clock and the reaching out, which spoke to me of the bond between David and Destiny. Destiny reaches out to David for his help when the clock strikes thirteen.


Do you have any books that you love, or that you would recommend?
A) Definitely! I would heartily recommend any Tamora Pierce and Sharon Shinn novels! Lately there have been a lot of amazing YA novels. I really enjoyed Beautiful Creatures, Fallen, The Pack, The Iron Fey series and so many others it is hard to remember them all!


What advice would you give Destiny and David?
A) Destiny - perhaps you should listen a bit more. David - perhaps you should listen to Destiny a bit more *laughs* You'll understand why when you read the book!


How has being a part of the blogging community helped you?
A) I can't even begin to describe the overwhelming sentiments of everyone in the blogging community. To my fellow bloggers and blog readers, you have my heartfelt gratitude. You have been so wonderful and supportive! It is my hope that if you enjoy my writing, that I will continue to be able to write many more books for all of you to review and enjoy. Thank you!!

No comments: