Friday, April 23, 2010

Going Too Far

Going Too Far


All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far... and almost doesn't make it back.
John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge - and over...


When I first saw Going Too Far on a shelf I was like oh looks like a nice YA novel probably about her sex life or something. I wasn't particularly dazzled by it. I admit its wrong to judge a book by its cover and this is why. When I decided to pick it up and give it a whirl finally just to see if I liked it I was hooked. I was initially going to just skim the first couple of pages, bu then ended up finishing the book in that very sitting. Meg was such a phenomenal character for me she was raw and funny, and its honestly a little hard for me to describe. She is just average, but has something I'm not quite sure what to make her spark. Then John After the cop who's determined to straighten her out, he's at first just some older guy sent to make her life hell...but wait he's not old. Everything comes into light and the witty comebacks start flying between them, and then boom its like magic is happening in that cop car. I was enchanted with this book, and its one of the best I've read. It was touching and funny, and just so many other great words to describe how awesome it was. The characters both had so many different things going on no one was what they seemed on the surface. Meg had deep dark secrets but so did John, and it was all just very cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you loved it! I did too. :D