Monday, April 5, 2010

Cracked Up To Be



When "Perfect" Parker Fadley starts drinking at school and failing her classes, all of St. Peter's High goes on alert. How has the cheerleading captain, girlfriend of the most popular guy in school, consummate teacher's pet, and future valedictorian fallen so far from grace?



Excellent book instantly fell in love with Parker she was such a fun character. She went from being a perfect crazy perfectionist "Cheer Nazi" to being a perfect mess. A tragic event leads her to take a downward spiral and totally change her ways. She decides to alienate herself from everyone who loves her, but the thing with Parker is no matter what she does she is a perfectionist so she has to be the perfect mess every one of her actions is calculated. Her string of thoughts are hilarious she is so snarky, and you think for just a minute that she truly might not care, but then she goes soft, and you know that the alienation is an act. Jake Parker' s art partner and the new kid in school is trying to understand Parker. It is a fun journey to witness Jake trying to break down the walls and fend off Parker's sarcasm. The rest of Parker's old friends never give up even if some of them might not be great friends. They all can tell she's faking, and just kind of humor her in my opinion. I think my favorite thing about the book might actually be Parker's relationship with her new dog Bailey. She acts totally annoyed with the dog, but then you find her petting him or feeling guilty he loves her so much. She bonds with the dog, and he latches onto her heart and never lets go. Then Parker actually compares Jake to her dog that they are so similar in wanting her in their lives, but she will just let them both down. The story is epically written and I hung on every word it was so catchy. Parker literally makes you laugh out loud, and you root for her despite her self hatred. I certainly recommend this one its probably one of my favorites of 2010.

P.S. I totally have a cover crush on this book I found myself starring at it from time to time.

4 comments:

Angiegirl said...

I've got to get my hands on this one. I loved SOME GIRLS ARE so much that I need to read this soon. I'm glad you liked it so well!

Katy said...

You so do I hope you like it and I have Some Girls Are to read, and it has to be good I know you liked it lol.

Christine said...

I've heard great things about this author and her writing. I added this one to my wish list a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad to year you enjoyed it so much. Maybe my library has it! ....

p.s. I haven't clicked over in a while, but I LOVE your header. It's nearly as cool as Angie's. :P

Katy said...

I think Courtney Summers might be one of my new faves, and so glad I faced my fears of YA now its all I read lol...thank you :)