Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wicked Lovely

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)

Author:Melissa Marr
Pages:328



Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; everything.

Faery intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning twenty-first-century faery tale....Goodreads



Wow! Thats just what I'm feeling right now. Stayed up WAY past my bedtime to finish this book. I was thinking to myself as I read the jacket oh a fey book. I like the fey but main fey characters hmm..I'll give it a try. I honestly was skeptical about main fey characters lots of books I've read and loved had fey characters just not main ones, and the book didn't center completely on them. Anyway it was a stupid thing for me to fret over because Melissa Marr owned this story it was awesome. My typical fairy is tiny even though in like a million books I've read they haven't been little. These fairies are big people sized but still look mighty peculiar. They are divided like you would expect them to be, if your familiar with the fairy food groups. You have your water fey, your woodsy type fey, your evil little creeper fey you get the picture. I think its hilarious how Aislinn can see the fey it bothers her but she is so used to seeing crazy dancing woodland sprites and dancing fountain fairies so its all good. Its a gene pool thing so her Grams and mother Moira could also see the fey. The rules were laid down early on that she was not to talk to, touch, or basically look at any fey. It pretty much sucks for her when two freaky looking royalty type fey start stalking her. One of them Keenan is a woodsy warm summer type of fairy, but the girl with him Donia is a walking ice cube, all pale and icy appearing. Aislinn has to figure out what is up and why they are following her she enlists Seth to help her. He is the cute edgy best friend. They go on a mission to figure out exactly what this "game" is Keenan and Donia keep talking about, and things start going wrong fast. Keenan has an evil mom who lacks all maternal instinct, and Aislinn is just flipping out basically with her impending choices. Keenan is hilarious I hated him at first but the boy quickly grew on me. Aislinn is a little confused, and kind of dependent on others but she is young. She has a good heart she can be powerful and evoke fear if needed. Love Seth he is a true hero believing in Aislinn, and being patient and understanding. At times I thought he was to good to be true can't explain it guess I'm just skeptical. Donia made my heart break I felt so sorry for her and the constant struggle she had to go through. The story was extremely entertaining never a dull moment in fairyland that is for sure. I think the book delivered and met all my expectations, and crushed my skepticism about fairy main characters. I'm certainly going to finish this series. I am even going to read more fey centered tales. Trust me its a wicked good time add it to your TBR.

No comments: