Friday, February 12, 2010

Ink Exchange

Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2)

Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.
Ink Exchange is a companion book for Wicked Lovely. Instead of this book focusing on Aislinn and Keenan it focuses on her best friend Leslie, Niall, and Irial. Leslie is different than Aislinn she is normal for the most part just suffering from personal tragedy. She is darker and edgier than Aislinn, and jaded.. Leslie gets mixed up in the fairy world, and is not to pleased about it. She goes on an emotional roller coaster with Niall and Irial. I liked the different take on the fairy world, and I actually like both Niall and Irial. I found myself yet again torn between to male love interests. Irial is The Dark Fairy King and he and Niall have a lot in common and used to be good friends, but a lot has changed over the years. It makes perfect sense why Leslie would like them both. In fact Irial and Niall still like each other and want what's best for themselves and Leslie. Niall is torn between wanting to help Leslie as much as possible and still be loyal to Keenan and Aislinn. Keenan seems to have his own agenda, and I'm not really sure what Aislinn is thinking. Aislinn is going through some changes herself and I'm sure trying to come to grips with being the Summer Queen. Keenan just astounds me at ever turn with his poor judgement. Anyway Irial is trying to feed his people, and he needs Leslie for that. The story unfolds and things get pretty serious, and I just wanted everyone to be happy in the end. It truly seemed like everyone (excluding Aislinn and Keenan) were at a crossroads. Irial needing to decide what was right, and Niall needed to decide where he belonged in the world, and Leslie needed to make her own choices for once. In the end I think things worked out for the best maybe everyone wasn't as happy as the could be, but they were making fresh starts. Leslie is a strong but vulnerable character, and you just want her to be happy. Niall is trying to do what's right but struggling to keep it all together. Irial is just trying to be a good leader for his people somethings come off rather badly, but he is still likable in my eyes. It was a good story and I read it in one day. I'm going to keep reading this series and I heard they are making it into a movie that will be pretty awesome to see.

2 comments:

Angiegirl said...

I know a lot of people had mixed feelings about INK. But I freaking loved it. Like you, I was so attached to all three of them. Irial and Niall are both awesome in their way and it was a rough book. But a great one.

Katy said...

I just want them to all end up content in the last book I don't want anyone left out and alone :( unless they deserve it of course.