Sunday, December 27, 2009

Re-review-Dancers in the Dark

Night's Edge (MIRA)

Dancers in the Dark--short story
Author-Charlaine Harris
Pages-384 total in book


Description Courtesy of Goodreads
Dancers in the Dark by Anthony Award-winning author Charlaine Harris

Layla Rue Le May is no ordinary dancer-her partner, Sean McClendon, is a three-hundred-year-old redheaded vampire. So when Layla Rue acquires a stalker, she's forced to face the music. . .and wonder if this will finally be her last dance.



Rated 5 on a scale of 1-5..I'm sensing I never rate anything badly...hmm


I reviewed this short story "Dancers in the Dark" way back in August, but I love it so much I'm reviewing it again. To do it more justice since the review I perviously wrote took place at 5 Am exactly after reading the story. The story is a Sookieverse book it has Southern Vampire characters but not main characters. E(E)E is mentioned and they make references to some stuff, but it takes place in that fictional city of Rhodes Charlaine Harris loves so much. The two main characters are Sean and Layla. They are indeed dancers and Sean is amazing he is Irish and smoldering to say the least. They dance ballet together and are teamed up for a human vampire dance show. She is human he is the vampire, they dance beautifully together. Its an amazing little love story that I got completely sucked into. I feel bad I only read this story but it was back when I was devouring everything possibly involving Sookie Stackhouse. I read every single short story even the one about Dhalia that also took place in Rhodes will review that some other time. Getting off track I totally recommend reading this short story even though Sookie and Eric aren't in it (I'm team Eric btw and can not be swayed sorry). Sean and Layla are in book 7 of Sookie I think Sean even dances with Sookie at the Vampire Summit. Anyway I totally think Sean and Layla should get an entire book possibly maybe a series who knows if anyone can do it Charlaine Harris can.

3 comments:

Natascha De Marco said...

I like your playlist ^^

Wow, new Charlaine Harris book! I want to read!

Katy said...

Thanks.. its a good story even if its short :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I am an awful reader... I have not read any Sookie books yet. I know I need to get them and read them. I think I would really love them. This short story sounds great as well. Thanks for the re-review!