Sunday, August 26, 2012

Review: Corbin's Fancy


Corbin's Fancy
Corbin's Fancy by Linda Lael Miller

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



It should come as no surprise how much I loved this book. I can say it was really well written as are all her books. I feel like her earlier books had more PG-13/R rated moments. Her newer books like Big Sky Country/Mountain are a little more tame. Banner O'Brien was such a great book that I was worried this book might some how fall short. WRONG, it so did not. I instantly fell in love with Fancy Jordan as a heroine. She was such a vivid character, so funny & as they call them in the old West " a hellcat"... Jeff Corbin struck a cord with me earlier on in the Banner O'Brien book, I found myself intrigued by the Captain of the Sea Mistress, this wayward middle brother, married to the ocean, but in love with his brothers intended. Struggling to come to terms with his brother Adam's betrayal, all the while fighting with the evil Temple Royce, who has been his enemy since childhood. During this book his fighting with Temple Royce meets new heights, it becomes much more viscous, and the rift between Adam and himself grows deeper. I love Linda Lael Miller's pattern of having the love be confusing & she always thrusts them into a situation where they question their love.. "Does she love me for my money?" "Is he still in love with someone else?" "Is she really still married?" She always has a funny little power struggle in all her books, this one is no different. I read so many of these books I sometimes don't thoroughly review them. I can honestly say though all her books are treasures to me, and she has quickly become one of my all time favorite authors.



View all my reviews

No comments: