Thursday, October 6, 2011

Daughter of Smoke & Bone-Review

Daughter of Smoke and Bone


I read Daughter of Smoke & Bone with lots of expectations. A few reviewers have really praised this one, so I was really intrigued. Karou is a unique lasting character, you find yourself honestly interested in her thoughts. Her entire story is unique actually, and the setting of the book Prague is described so beautifully. I really wanted more from this book, all I can really pinpoint though is that I wish a few characters had met each other sooner.  There are mysterious black hand prints popping up all over doors to the Elsewhere, its mysterious without a doubt, you get engrossed in the lore. I again, just wish Karou and a certain angel met sooner. The ending was phenomenal, one of the best cliffhangers ever, it was certainly a good starter book for a series. I was just left wanting more because I think my expectations were too high, but its worth you reading and developing your own opinion for sure. 


HardcoverUS420 pages
Published September 27th 2011 by Little, Brown & Company

2 comments:

P.E. said...

I expected way too much from this book and I was pretty disappointed. It didn't turn out to be my kind of read. I may try the sequel, but I've since learnt to temper my expectations.

Katy said...

I have been kicking around the idea of reading the sequel. Lots of people I know said the "insta-love" drove them crazy.