Friday, May 13, 2011

Hard Bitten-Review

Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)


★★★★★


The Chicagoland series is one of my all time favorites. I am a big pusher of it, and I covet Merit and Ethan, they are ranked among my favorites when it comes to UF couples. Merit is a remarkable heroine, and I really love her to pieces. I was more than excited when I got my hands on the greatly anticipated new installment, I was not disappointed.

If you follow me on Twitter, you probably know how outraged I was with this book. That is only because I love it so, I was broken just as Merit was broken. The political wheelings & dealings of Cadogan house were in full swing in Hard Bitten. I do not mind that I love to see Ethan and Merit work their magic. Ethan really came into his own in this book, he seems to really have his head on straight. Merit is struggling still with who she is, and what she really wants, plus she is still bitter about Ethan's former rejection. Jonah a member of the Red Guard has to assist Merit with a case, because Ethan has his plate full with trying to save Cadogan. Jonah added a nice little element of jealousy for Ethan, and I love that in my books. The relationship elements blossom in Hard Bitten, and you find out a lot of truths. This book was extremely hard for me to read, my friend and I read it at the same time, and we were both texting each other like WTF? Did that just happen.. However, when you finish it you know that you have to trust Chloe Neill, and hope for the best. I just can not believe I have to wait until November for the next one. It really seems not so far way, but then a million years away, this book was a trip.

Read More
Chloe Neill Facebook
Goodreads

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Great review! I wish I had someone to read along with like you do. I was left thinking the same thing. I emailed Chloe like.. I love you, but I hate you. haha! She made me feel better with what she replied. lol

I really hate to wait until November. AH! lol

Melody said...

I just keep picturing the end! GAH!! We definitely have to read drink deep together.

That's all I have to say.