Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Top Ten Tuesday-Bookish Pet Peeves
Is a feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, this week its Top Ten Bookish Pet Peeves.
1. The love triangle done wrong, if its cheesy count me out, please. All together unoriginal, especially if the girl just seems like she's selfish, and stringing one along when she has not interest in him at all. My two favorite love triangles are Katniss-Peeta-Gale & Mae-Alan-Nick (The Demon's Lexicon books) those are love triangles done perfect.
2.When the author clearly intends to make this a series of books, but they hook the love interests up too soon.
3. Books about reincarnation, I just do not like them at all, its too confusing, and its just a personal preference ( Fallen & The Eternal Ones)
4.When Urban Fantasy authors always make the male characters have on leather pants, its alright once, but to just introduce them in leather pants, it kind of turns me off the book instantly.
5.I'm a little tired of the "Bella Swans" the awkward little klutz getting two hunky boys to chase her all around town, its just been done. I don't mind my main character being strong or empowering, or Athena like, sometimes thats a cool thing Calla in Nightshade was great, or Fire I loved Fire by Kristen Cashore.
6. Backtracking (I'm talking to you Charlaine Harris) come on girl, if I'm reading book 9, I know Sookie is a telepath, I know Sookie's entire life story, no need to backtrack, but you do it every time.
7. Long hair, like Fabio no one has long hair like that its not realistic to me.
8.Publishers bombarding us with one genre all of a sudden. (Like twenty Angel books all at once, some of them are great, but then your like I can not read about another Angel right now!)
9. When series of books just do not know when to end. I hate for things to come to end, but then again The Hunger Games..Just three of them, and it was classy.
10. When an MC is a hater, she hates everything. Her life sucks, her parents don't understand her, her friends are too stupid, she whines all the time, and she is never funny, no no she is just whiny. Then two hot dudes all of a sudden want to get it in with her, WHY? she is a class A biotch???
--I still however read a lot of books with these things occurring, and end up liking them in spite of it all.