Friday, August 6, 2010

Twice Bitten

Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)

Merit is still Sentinel of Cadogan House, things are going rather smoothly. Then she gets an offer that certainly throws a wrench in things. She has to make a choice between all vampires or just protecting Ethan and Cadogan. 

I like the third installment of The Chicagoland Vampires. I really like the direction the book went in especially with Ethan and Merit. I like all the shifter politics as well. Learning more about them, and their beliefs was pretty interesting. Like any true Chicagoland book, there was a mystery Merit had to solve, and it was a pretty good shifter mystery this time. Plus she gets an offer from The Red Guard a sort of secrete line of defense if anything goes wonky in vamp land. Ethan is probably my favorite in this book, even though he did some questionable things, and had me pretty mad. However, I was constantly thinking Chloe Neill would have one of the many smoking hot guys Merit encountered become her new love interest, just to spice things up I guess. I'm not a fan of Mallory that much I can't quite figure out why, but I'm just not into her storyline. It doesn't take away from the book for me though. I do want to learn a lot more about Gabe the Apex Shifter's family, so many of them! This was a pretty satisfying read, and a good addition to the series. I totally recommend it.



Buy Twice Bitten
Visit Chloe Neill
Some Girls Bite Review

3 comments:

Emily said...

All the good reviews of this book make me want to get to it in my TBR pile that much sooner. I'm so excited for this one!

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

Really nice review! Really need to read book 2 in this series!

Katy said...

Emily, it took me awhile to get this series too, but its worth it.
Shera, you should do it! lol.