Friday, June 18, 2010

The Unwritten Rule


I really love Elizabeth Scott she is one of my all time favorite authors, and The Unwritten Rule didn't disappoint me. I have read a few mixed reviews, but it was what I wanted for a fun breezy beach read. Sarah was actually incredibly likable for me. I really liked her family dynamic too, and even Brianna's back story was interesting in its own dysfunctional way. Sarah basically breaks the oh so important rule. She falls for her best friends boy, and even though she liked him first, and he talked to her first does that truly matter? This book examined the layers of friendship and the different types of friendships that are out there, some turn out to be not so healthy. This book is kind of psychological and it examines a few tough situations, like what to do when your in a bad situation, or your family isn't exactly perfect. Also Sarah's Mom who tries so hard with her recipes, and spots Sarah's problems instantly. Brianna the beautiful best friend wasn't likable for me at all though, but her life somewhat excuses her actions. The characters really made the story for me with this one, and the read was worth it for me.

No comments: