Friday, March 5, 2010

Strange Angels

Strange Angels (Strange Angels #1)

Dru Anderson has what her grandmother called “the touch.” (Comes in handy when you’re traveling from town to town with your dad, hunting ghosts, suckers, wulfen, and the occasional zombie.)

Lets start out with why I put this book off for so long...cant tell you. I'm dumb I suppose because this book was great. I am seeing a pattern I haven't disliked a book in a while. That is probably because I have a nasty habit a giving up if the book sucks. I have never read anything by Lili St. Crow before I must say I really love her writing style. I loved the sarcasm and wit I loved that Dru says things like cotton picking minute, red hot second, and that she always is scolding herself in her mind. Plus come on it was awesome that there was an actual scene of Dru using the bathroom. This book was just extremely real... scenes with Dru and Graves just eating, Chris buying groceries,and the way things were described I truly felt gross or cold if the characters did. Just tons of real everyday things to make you relate to the characters it really humanized them I guess. Again I'm also sensing a pattern with me comparing things to Supernatural. The plot is just a little similar. I just instantly pictured Dru's dad as a a slightly older Dean from Supernatural. If Dean had a child it would be Dru. Plus I don't want to spoil anything but a lot of the parental drama Dru had with her dead mother that totally reminded me of Supernatural. I mean her Dad is a hunter, and his personality reminded me of Dean he even liked classic rock AC/DC. He just needed a 1967 black Chevy Impala...yes I know the car he drives. Anyway...Dru is incredibly likable real to the very core. She is vulnerable, she forgets to shower, she wipes her nose on her sleeve. She is brave, wise, confused..oh I can go on forever. She is just your average girl forced to hunt down monsters what else can she do one big bad monster wants her dead. Graves is phenomenal he is sensitive, but if you mess with Dru your bound to get a huge chunk taken out of you. Plus your not led to believe that these two teenagers just cope. No way they cry, they get scared, and they react just like you honestly would if you were forced to face monsters. Christophe now I'm not so sure about him he seems a little off in my opinion. He is just to calm, to something I don't even know. The way Christophe calls Drue "little bird" and then the bad guy calls her "little bird" freaky. This story was really good, and I actually spaced out my reading in two days, but could have easily shoved my duties aside and read for hours. I am going to be reading the second one soon. Really strong plot, and the characters were extremely well developed.

4 comments:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I have this book on my list to get and read. I just don't seem to be able to read fast enough to get to all the amazing books I have on that list. I really want to get to this one though. Freat review!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Sorry, did a double post by accident. And Freat is to be Great. lol. I must be getting tired or something.

Katy said...

Haha its ok I do that sometimes to