Friday, March 26, 2010

A Match Made In High School

A Match Made in High School

When the principal announces that every senior must participate in a mandatory year-long Marriage Education program, Fiona Sheehan believes that her life can’t get any worse. Then she marries her “husband”: Jerky jock Todd, whose cheerleader girlfriend, Amanda, has had it in for Fiona since day one of second grade. Even worse? Amanda is paired with Fiona’s long-term crush, Gabe. At least Fiona is doing better than her best friend, Marcie, who is paired up with the very quiet, very mysterious Johnny Mercer. Pranks, fights, misunderstandings, and reconciliations ensue in an almost Shakespearean comedy of errors about mistaken first impressions, convoluted coupling, and hidden crushes.


Great read! I laughed my way through this entire book like gut busting laughter. Fiona is a fun character, and her sarcasm is just flat out hilarious. The idea of being in a mock marriage was kind of scary at first, but then it grew on me. I was actually hoping the protesters would fail because I liked the concept. Todd and Fiona's hatred for each other never disappointed me. Marcie Fiona's friend did irritate me a little though at times with her poor decision making. All the characters were fun and different minus a few jerks, and nothing happened the way I initially expected it to. Plus the love story doesn't really take front seat in the book but it is still there that was different, but I liked it. The story like I said was just hysterical and cute I really loved it, and definitely recommend it. 

No comments: