Friday, January 1, 2010

Vampire Academy (4)

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)

Blood Promise Vampire Academy 4


Author-Richelle Mead
Pages-503


Description Courtesy of Goodreads
How far will Rose go to keep her promise?

The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir’s Academy was the deadliest ever in the school’s history, claiming the lives of Moroi students, teachers, and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them. . . including Dimitri.
He’d rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa—the one she has sworn to protect no matter what—and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most?


Rated a 4 on a scale of 1-5
Spoilers**
Lets just say this book was different. I loved the Russian architecture Richelle described. I also liked Sydney the alchmesist she seemed really cool. Meeting Dimitri's family made me a little soft toward him even though he is Strigoi. I never really thought Rose was going to stay with his family. That would have been a little boring IMO. I really loved the parts where Adrian dream walked into Rose's dreams. I took me a while to realize that Avery the new girl at St. Vlad's was a spirit user. I still felt bad for all the characters left behind while Rose gallivanted all over Russia. I was more than ready for her to get to Novosibirsk. I wanted her to be killing Strigoi the entire time . I wish that Denis Artur and Tamara the fellow unpromised dhampirs would have like staged an awesome rescue mission. Instead we had to read page after page of Rose laying around watching TV and getting bitten by Dimitri. I'm not real sure how I'm supposed to be feeling about Dimitri I mean he still has many of his other qualities, but he is annoying. They just kept having the banter of if Rose was ready to be Strigoi or not. First of all why couldn't Roses' mother save her that would have been cool. Heck it would have been cool if anyone would have saved her and me from the page after page of being at the Strigoi manor. I was so excited when she broke out and then staked Dimitri. I was however angry enough to toss my book across the room when she got her little package. I am pumped to see where things go with Adrian and Rose. I liked this story it was different like I said. I loved meeting Mark and Oksana that was interesting to meet other people with "bonds". Also figuring all that stuff out about Abe the mysterious mafia type guy that made the book worth while.

3 comments:

D Swizzle said...

I can't wait to read my copy!

Katy said...

Its great you should be excited :)

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks