Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Making Tarts

Get'in crafty I found some old sample Yankee Candles today and decided to make some tarts instead of creating my very own sent out of crushed up herbs and other scenty things I just melted down the candles. Step one take the small wax of any kind from any sort of old candle really, and cut into small chunks. Put those small chunks in a muffin tin( you should probably use cupcake liner) and bake them at 350 you can preheat your oven if you wish. Then just time it until the wax is melted keep checking on it periodically. Then use OVEN MITTS to get the muffin tin out of the oven. Place the muffin tin some place to cool I put mine in my old dingy cellar. That worked out perfect in twenty minutes my tarts were ready to be popped out of the tin. *If you don't use cupcake liner it can be tricky so I had to use a 25 year old Ranger Knife my dad got in Michigan (he insisted I give his knife a shout out) ;) Then you simply melt your tarts in a tart burner (the ivy covered contraption in the pictures below)




Step One.

Step Two.

Step Three.

Step Four.

Step Five.

Step Six.

No comments: