Saturday, August 7, 2010

In My Mailbox

In my mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I got a few books this week some of these are E-Books and not real books..All of these I've been wanting, and I'm not sure if I already told you guys about Raised By Wolves so I put it on my list again, to lazy to check. What did you guys get?

Plus

  • The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
  • Fallen
  • Lament
  • North of Beautiful 
Those are all part of my Summer Reading Challenge, I have Fallen I won it a while back, and I won North of Beautiful, but the other two I bought for the challenge, heard good things about both, so I'm excited.



Tantalize

This is a terrific teenage gothic novel - vampires and werewolves abound! Orphaned and in her uncle's care, fiercely independent Quincie may be the most over-achieving high-school student around, but even she has her hands full with a hybrid-werewolf boyfriend and the opening of Sanguini's, her hip vampire-themed restaurant, which turns out to have way more bite than she'd intended.
 Magic Lost, Trouble Found (Raine Benares, #1)
My name is Raine Benares. I'm a seeker. The people who hire me are usually happy when I find things. But some things are better left unfound... 
 Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)
Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two
 Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3)
Dru Anderson might finally be safe. She’s at the largest Schola on the continent, and beginning to learn what it means to be svetocha–half vampire, half human, and all deadly. If she survives her training, she will be able to take her place in the Order, holding back the vampires and protecting the oblivious normal people. 
 Poison Study (Study, #1)
 Choose: A quick death and hell or slow poison and hell. 


About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia. 
And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison. 
As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear.
 Girl's Guide to Witchcraft (Jane Madison, #1)
For good-girl Jane Madison, neither has a shot in hell of coming true -- until the day she finds a hidden room . . .
Now she's done a bit of experimenting and found a spell that makes her irresistible to men -- even those who have previously ignored her. And another that turns a cat into her witch's familiar (a snarky, critical, self-absorbed man -- pretty much a typical male). Though her impulsive acts of magic have brought a warder (sexy, grouchy, elusive and determined to stop her from using magic) down on her, Jane's not willing to let go of this fantastic new life.
Though she wonders about having things that aren't "real," she's having too much fun to stop. After all, no one ever said being a witch was easy . . .

 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) (Kindle Edition)

It's about the disappearance forty years ago of Harriet Vanger, a young scion of one of the wealthiest families in Sweden . . . and about her octogenarian uncle, determined to know the truth about what he believes was her murder. 

It's about Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently at the wrong end of a libel case, hired to get to the bottom of Harriet's disappearance . . . and about Lisbeth Salander, a twenty-four-year-old pierced and tattooed genius hacker possessed of the hard-earned wisdom of someone twice her age--and a terrifying capacity for ruthlessness to go with it--who assists Blomkvist with the investigation. This unlikely team discovers a vein of nearly unfathomable iniquity running through the Vanger family, astonishing corruption in the highest echelons of Swedish industrialism--and an unexpected connection between themselves. 

It's a contagiously exciting, stunningly intelligent novel about society at its most hidden, and about the intimate lives of a brilliantly realized cast of characters, all of them forced to face the darker aspects of their world and of their own lives.
Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1)
Sixteen-year-old Deirdre Monaghan is a painfully shy but prodigiously gifted musician. She's about to find out she's also a cloverhand—one who can see faeries. When a mysterious boy enters her ordinary suburban life, seemingly out of nowhere, Deirdre finds herself infatuated. Trouble is, the enigmatic and conflicted Luke turns out to be a gallowglass—a soulless faerie assassin—and Deirdre is meant to be his next mark. Deirdre has to decide if Luke's feelings towards her are real, or only a way to lure her deeper into the world of Faerie.

6 comments:

Savannah said...

Nice books! I loved Raised by Wolves!!

Mrs. DeRaps said...

I want to read Lament! I need something to tide me over until the next book in the Shiver series is released!

brandileigh2003 said...

Looks like some great reading! I loved Poison study! Here’s what I got

Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome. For some odd reason I am loving that cover to "Tantalize."

♫♥✿Chas @ LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ said...

Maria Snyder is on my wishlist!!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh, so many great books here this week. :) I have a few of them already, on the shelf waiting for me to open them. But there are others here that I want! Great collection! Hope you have a great week and enjoy your reads.

Have a great week. And if you would like to stop by I have my Monday's Beginnings up...
http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/