Monday, July 26, 2010

True Blood Discussion



Now now, I know I should truly not get political on my blog, but I just can't help it. I try to stay out of most drama, but some things are just to much for this girl. I have heard some rumblings from a few different sites (if you Google it tons will come up) they claim True Blood is making its target audience women and gay men. I find this highly offensive for several reasons. One for you men all across the globe see how it feels women are bombarded with naked ladies on the daily. People are claiming to many Alicide butt shots oh is there such a thing and not enough lady peep shows. I truly think that the show is well written and acted, and you should give it a chance. I think being a man the action, and tons of blood, and lets face it the writing should be enough no? I read the books, and never one time found myself thinking it was too gay. I love a lot of the additions to True Blood, Jessica for one, and Sam's storyline. I also loved the things they did with Godric. I think Lafayette is a totally compelling character, but people need to get past him being interested in men. I understand if it makes you uncomfortable, but can't you just wait it out, the nakedness and LGBT stuff does not control the show.

2 comments:

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

The first season has a lot of woman nudity, so I can't see how that's targeted to women. (Straight women.) I haven't made it to Alicide yet so I can't say much on that.

I like the show, but the nudity puts me off. I'll admit the writing is good, even it it kind of goes away from the books. In fact, I even went as far as to buy the first season. Debating whether or not I want to try season 2.

Katy said...

Shera! I was self conscious about this post because its not technically book related and kind of opinionated. I can totally always count on you tell it to me straight! :) I will be honest the show is NUTS half the time. They also have like twenty story lines going this season. The second one is not as good as the first I will say that. This season is so good, but by no means perfect. I certainly think its not just geared to us women and the gays, its got TONS of action lol. That was so long sorry!