Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dandy Recommendations

I have two very good recommendations this week. Both books were important in their own way. Like I said before Dandy Recommendations is just something new I'm trying out on the blog.
Along for the Ride

Along For The Ride did one important thing and that is rekindled my love for Sarah Dessen. I honestly don't know why but I have such a hit and miss thing going on with her books. The last SD book I read was Dreamland and I loved it. Then I tried for the millionth time to read Just Listen and gave up on that. Then I tried This Lullaby gave up on that one, then tried again just to give up for the second time. I was leery about Along For The Ride but it was perfect I loved it, and I loved the characters. Haven and Eli were extremely real, and I don't know what it was about Dreamland and Along For The Ride that caused me to get over the Sarah Dessen slump but I'm happy I've now read two of her books without giving up on them. Two qualifies you as an author I enjoy and recommend so there you go.
Some Girls Are
Where to begin, I just will start out by saying bravo Courtney Summers you can certainly write a book. I read Cracked Up To Be before I read Some Girls Are, and now I've read them both and can say Courtney Summers is honestly one of my all time favorite YA writers right up there with Simone Elkeles and Elizabeth Scott, for me anyway. I recommend this book to all people who love YA and even people who don't. Such a strong story with fascinating characters.

No comments: