Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hunting Ground

Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars Oh wow where do I start. This book was not at all what I was expecting when I picked it up I was fully prepared for a book to flow in the same way Mercy books do, or Cry Wolf. In my opinion and I may be wrong I feel like this book flowed in an entirely different way. I mean for starters Charles and Anna's relationship is more or less established you still have the relationship turbulence but in a different way. I keep using the word different because I am still in shock and needing to tell myself that Mercy Thompson and Anna Cornick are different people. However they are still similar, both fierce and willing to protect everything they hold dear. I just can't help but love being able to be in Charles mind it is such an amazing insight. I find myself also impressed with the way Patricia establishes the other characters how she makes them just as interesting to learn about and care for as the main characters. In some books you become bored when you are reading about characters who aren't as important to the plot but not in Hunting Ground. Also I love the way she carefully constructs the old wolves and gives them flavor, and still has them clinging on to the past while they make adjustments in the modern world. Also making you examine that living forever is sometimes not as amazing as it is portrayed, and sometimes you run out of sanity to hold on to. I was just pleasantly shocked with Hunting Ground View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Angiegirl said...

I just finished this one last night. It was very good! You're definitely right about being in Charles' head. He's a great character. And I think this series has a completely different flow from the Mercy books. It's much more...internal.